The value of cloud hosting and computing can be found in its:
- Scalability: Expanding (and contracting) operations to suit conditions is considerably easier when you don't own your own servers, employ IT infrastructure personnel, etc. That makes businesses more efficient and thus more viable, even in the face of unfavorable circumstances or difficult economic environments.
- Coordination: When data are in the cloud, they can be accessed simultaneously from anywhere, and versions of files are easily controlled. Timestamps are consistent.
- Geographic Irrelevance: Increasingly, companies minimize time and costs of commuting and traveling by working from home and/or communicating via Skype, GoTo Meeting or similar video-conferencing programs. The cloud supports this since apps are available any time, from anywhere. Additionally, collaboration is made simple, from anywhere on the planet.
- Cost: Obviously, the costs of maintaining its own complex IT network can be significant for any business, and this has meant that for a long time smaller organizations have been at a disadvantage. With the cloud, economies of scale mean that any size lab, agency or project can enjoy the benefits of the latest technology without the overhead.
- Smooth Operations: Built-in redundancy, fail-over, updates and backups mean that operations are rarely disrupted, and that means greater productivity.
Features include comprehensive redundancy, failover, data backup and protection and SSL security and encryption. Database backups are taken hourly, and entire backups are done daily and stored in a geographically distant second data center. In short, no one offers better reliability and data security and protection than LabLynx. Many of our customers require HIPAA, CLIA, 21 CFR part 11 or other regulatory compliance, and the LabLynx Cloud Hosting IaaS platform delivers that and more.
And when your solution is hosted by us, you never need to worry about maintenance or IT. As long as you can get onto the Internet, you can get to your applications. And you can rest assured they are always up to date, always supported and always available. And if you need access to the "back end" database directly, no problem. Just ask for the Private Cloud dedicated server option.
If you like our LabLynx solution but really need it to be hosted in-house, that's fine too! Our purchased perpetual licensing edition provides the option to host on your own servers.
Hosting costs are shown here: License and Hosting
Additional Cloud Storage
You can add additional cloud storage space any time. Pricing is shown here: Services Pricing