The Contact Management screen in the LabLynx LIMS is similar to the screen in function and operation, but is limited to definition and management of persons in the system. It is usually used to define users who can access the web portal to submit test requests and/or view (their own) reports.
To View Contacts
1. Navigate to the Contact Management menu item.
Contact Mgt Menu
2. The main screen displays the list of contacts currently defined in the LIMS. To view details, click the Full Name link for any contact.
There are a number of fields to enter as much or as little information about the contact as desired. The only required fields by default are first and last name.
3. To view further details, click the appropriate item or edit link.
To Edit Contacts
Use the method described in To View Contacts above to open details of the entity you wish to edit. Make any changes necessary, using the Edit link or New button for each to add new details,and click Save . Enter as much detail as necessary. Bold fields are required.
To set up a contact to use your web portal (if implemented), click the Portal Security button.NOTE: The contact must have an email address entered, and be associated with a client entity in the Person Item section in order to use this function.
Creating a Portal User
To Add Contacts
1. There are two ways to add new contacts (persons) to the system, either from the main Contact Management screen or from the Person Details screen (demonstrated above) for any existing contact.
New Contact Mgt Person List
New Contact - Person Detail
3. Enter as much detail as necessary. Bold fields are required. Upon saving, additional detail buttons are displayed so you can define other addresses, related items and files. Use the New button for each to add new details, or Edit link to modify. When finished, click Save .
To Delete Contacts
1. Use the method described in To View Contacts above to open details of the entity you wish to delete.