Open Platform for Continuous Innovation
The LabLynx sciCloud.net® community platform is the perfect matrix for conceiving, discussing, developing, testing and deploying new ideas. Every facet of the process is available in the form of the people who make up the community. Individually and collectively, innovation is given fertile ground and nurtured and supported through to fruition, and the innovators, contributors and users alike of new technology, systems, and approaches reap the benefits of the harvest. It is the ecosystem for the complete development lifecycle, including deployment, feedback and iterative improvements.
This concept is not new, and it is not communist, socialist, altruistic or any other arguably insidious conspiracy. In fact, it already exists in free markets or minimally-regulated markets by default — and necessity. The question is whether businesses recognize and embrace the community and cooperational aspects of the marketplace ecosystem or fight it in favor of isolated competition. The LabLynx, Inc. model is the former.
“Today, Collaborative Software Development, the term itself, has carried over from its original meaning and its ties to open source coding to that of describing a relationship between the end-user and the developer.” – Wikipedia
In a collaborative community such as sciCloud.net®, innovations and updates are continuously conceived, integrated, tested and implemented. This means that progress is constant and highly efficient, utilizing all resources necessary at any given time through collaborative projects and end-user inclusion throughout. It’s an infinite loop of ever-ascending achievement that benefits the industry as a whole as well as those specifically involved.
The fact that sciCloud.net is based on an open platform means that all of the development skills and ideas of the entire community are brought into play for the benefit of anyone who may have interest in either their services or products. In that way, the benefits are mutual.
SciCLoud.net®‘s open API (application programming interface) means you can connect up with any other app/system or device in precise ways that make sense for your needs. If you have an ERP, a LIMS or LIS, EHR, etc. connect them with sciCLoud.net® to integrate all of its many apps, features and functions with your existing setup. It is quick, secure and seamless. Do it yourself or contact LabLynx or other sciCLoud.net® community professionals to get hooked up. This enables you to cheaply and easily create a comprehensive, coordinated data management network to handle whatever your business, lab, agency, project or facility needs are, in one integrated system.
Open Marketplace of Apps, Plugins and Add-Ons
For all of the many apps available in sciCloud.net® there is an endless supply of additional features and functions in the form of plugins, as well as add-on modules that introduce whole sets of additional usefulness and value. Anyone can develop them, and users will adopt the ones that help them the most, are the most reliable and the most cost-effective.
The community is a ready-made marketplace for natural selection in a free market, and if an app or plugin/add-on has value, then everybody wins. Lesser concepts fall away in favor of better ones, and the industry is advanced as a result — efficiently, effectively and continually.
Global Marketplace of Solutions
In addition to the apps themselves and the many related items, there are of course the solution providers and consultants who help the acquisition and maintenance processes. That can include everything from helping identify needs and solutions, to actually implementing them — configuring, setting up servers if necessary, validating, interfacing, etc. — and keeping them running.
And the web-based nature of the community means that anyone can participate from anywhere, any time. That means that maximum options are available to both consumer and producer, and to those who facilitate the processes.
Similarly, equipment and supplies are easily bought and sold through the sciCloud.net® marketplace. Whether its stocks, standards and reagents, instruments and devices or general office supplies for your lab, medical facility, agency or office, you’re able to easily search for and order stocks maintained using the free marketplace, where you can comparison shop and find your best value, whether it’s new or used. And you can list your own items for sale — or trade!
The effects of all of these sciCloud.net® community-based platform features are that the laboratory, scientific and medical community benefits. Some of those results are:
- Lower Total Solution Cost: It’s a free market, and that means all the natural laws of supply and demand and real value-based competition work to provide the community with the very best quality goods and services at the very best prices. And all of the processes are made more efficient through availability and easy comparison shopping, which means lower costs and shorter time frames for implementations and project completions. And that’s a lower overall solution cost.
- Future-Proof Solutions: The fact that solutions are continually used and thus tested in the real world by the sciCloud.net® community means that feedback and resulting updates are also continuous. That means maximized responsiveness so that the risk of obsolescence is reduced to the point of near-negligibility. And even as some apps may inevitably reach the end of their potential, there are always new ones being generated to perform the same functions better and/or more efficiently. The sciCloud.net® matrix is the best hedge against future irrelevance or non-competitiveness there could be.
- Increased Value for Users: All of this means the users win. In a flat, even marketplace with the free flow of information and availability of apps and resources, the best value propositions win. And that means you, the user, win with your free membership in sciCloud.net®.
The equation looks like this:
Solution = (Edition + Services)Community
This expression illustrates the fact that the total data management solution for the customer is a function of the sciCloud.net® edition chosen, the vendor services employed to set up/configure, train etc., and the community contributions. While the first two are simply additive, the vast range of community involvement makes it a multiplier. That involvement can include any of:
- Identifying requirements
- Testing and validation of individual functions
- Testing and validation of full solutions
- Providing feedback, driving iterative development
- Creating peer discussion, exchange of ideas and experiences regarding the apps/solution (and service providers)
- Offering competitive alternatives
You get the idea. So many aspects of community-based development that involve end-users combine to build value in a given solution; it functions as a multiplier of that value. And that can greatly surpass the legacy model of closed development in efficient, speedy and effective advancement. And by its nature it is as closely allied to the end users’ needs as it is possible to be, ultimately providing maximum customer satisfaction in continuously innovative ways.
- Horwitz, S. (10 June 2010). “Competition and Cooperation”. Foundation for Economic Education. https://fee.org/articles/competition-and-cooperation. Retrieved 7 October 2016.
- Elshareef, E. (28 December 2015). “Open Platform at Ticketmaster”. Medium. https://medium.com/ticketmaster-tech/open-platform-at-ticketmaster-e1f3b05cd417#.jcjnm1ay2. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- “Collaborative software development model”. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collaborative_software_development_model. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- Lorenzo-Romero, C.; Constantinides, E.; Brünink, L.A. (2014). ”Co-creation: Customer Integration in Social Media Based Product and Service Development”. Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences 148 (8): 383–396. doi:10.1016/j.sbspro.2014.07.057.
- Lagrosen, S. (2005). ”Customer involvement in new product development: A relationship marketing perspective”. European Journal of Innovation Management 8 (4): 424—436. doi:10.1108/14601060510627803.